Artistic Artifacts — Creative Finds
for Creative Minds!
“It is our wish that our finds will encourage you to be creative, to try using a supply in a non-traditional way, or incorporate a non-traditional fabric or supply in a traditional way, to shake it up a bit!”
Judy Gula, owner, Artistic Artifacts
Fiber & Mixed Media Classes at Artistic Artifacts:
Learn new techniques and craft your own one of a kind creations with our variety of fiber and mixed media workshops! Join us in April for:
- Saturday, April 18: Domestic Goddess Assemblage with Leslie Brier — Learn a variety of cold-connection techniques while designing and creating an assemblage robot from new and vintage kitchen gadgets!
- Saturday, April 25: Pennant Power with Barb Boatman — All Materials Provided! Pennants, bunting and flags have been a hot trend lately...since April showers bring May flowers let’s make pastel colored pennants, one of paper and one of fabric.
- Also on Saturday, April 25: Printing with Thermofax Screens with PG Fiber2Art — Many Supplies Provided! Learn a variety of thermofax screen printing techniques and go home with your own taped screen plus as much printed fabric as you can complete in class!
- “Her Majesty Margo” will be joining us in early May for three classes! Learn more about these opportunities to study with acclaimed felting and fiber artist Margo Duke:
- Saturday, May 9: Machine Quilting, Feed Dogs Up with Cyndi Souder — Machine quilting without fear or intimidation: leave the feed dogs up and let the sewing machine determine stitch length. Join us and let Cyndi show you how easy this is!
- Begins May 12: Rag Glamour Bag with Rosalie Lamanna — All Supplies Provided! Enjoy the process as Rosalie teaches you how to design, weave and bead your own unique piece of art to carry!
- Saturday, May 16: Button Fairies with Barb Boatman — All Materials Provided! Learn how to create these fabulous miniature mixed media works of art; each student will receive enough material to make at least three fairies!
- Wednesday, May 20: Personally Painted Fabrics with Linda Cooper — All Supplies Provided! Paint your own fabrics in a variety of ways for use in quilt backgrounds, for appliqué and piecing or in any fiber art. You’ll paint fabric in three ways: on stretchers, ironed onto freezer paper, and on plastic. You’ll learn to make your own ombres, where colors fade or change gradually to other colors. Surface design techniques will also be used
Fabric Printing at Home: A Kitchen Sampler with Julie B. Booth has been rescheduled for September 19-20. Visit Judy’s blog for a review of this 2-Day Workshop!
Mixed Media Product and Technique Demos
Join us for our popular monthly “How Do I Use This?” product demo and play-time! This year we are offering Tuesday daytime sessions in addition to our Thursday evening sessions. Learn more, view schedules and register »
About Artistic Artifacts
“Artistic Artifacts is a creation of my personal art style,” says
owner Judy Gula. “As you view our product offerings and photos,
think that they came from my studio. Jars of wooden thread spools, dice,
shells, vintage buttons, and unusual fabrics.... We are sharing our stash
with you, and I love to share.” [More about Artistic Artifacts ]
Judy Gula, owner, Artistic Artifacts
Artist Trading Card (ATC) Exchange Opens Each JAMs Meeting
All who are interested are welcome to join us for our monthly Artist Trading Card (ATC) exchange, held at the beginning of each meeting of Judys Altered Minds (JAMs), an altered art group that is free to join. More about our ATC Exchange »
Artistic Artifacts offers vintage and new cottons, silks and wool, including aboriginal and batik fabric, plus hand dyed fiber and lace. Add color with Stewart Gill paints, Shiva Paintstiks, dyes and more — we carry a wide variety of surface design supplies including hand-carved wooden printing blocks for stamping or rubbing. Create and embellish with a wide variety of mixed media products, Angelina fibers, vintage ephemera, buttons, charms, watch parts, game pieces and boards. Books, DVDs, magazines and patterns plus classes and workshops are offered for inspiration and techniques.