Join Us in October 2022!
Indian textiles are a riot of colour, textures and motifs, materials and mediums that changes with each region, village and community. Artistic Artifacts’ Judy Gula has partnered with Bespoke India Travel on a exciting tour taking place October 26 through November 11, 2022 — visit New Delhi, Bandhavgarh National Park, Khajuraho, Chanderi, Bhopal, Indore, Maheshwar and Mumbai!
Led by a English speaking Bespoke India Travel guide/naturalist and/or trip leader, Tigers & Textiles of Central India with Judy Gula will offer you the following textile experiences and activities — download a full itinerary with tour details (PDF, 825K):
- Day 1 (Delhi) — Afternoon visit to Dilli Haat (open-aired food plaza and craft bazaar)
- Day 2 (Delhi) — Afternoon visit to Craft Museum
- Day 8 (Chanderi) — Visit Chanderi village: meet master crafts persons weaving beautiful and intricate silk fabric
- Day 9 (Chanderi-Bhopal) — Witness the Dhurrie making area near Sironj (demonstration)
- Day 10 (Bhopal) — Visit Tribal museum (morning) and workshop on Gond painting and witness Zari work
- Day 11 (Bhopal-Indore) — Visit Ujjain enroute and participate in Batik printing workshop (participation)
- Day 12 (Indore-Maheshwar) — Visit the Bagh village for the block printing workshops (participation)
- Day 13 (Maheshwar) — Visit Rehwa society and witness silk production and Maheshwari saree weaving
- Day 15 (Mumbai) — Half day Workshop on Block Printing
In addition to textile activities, during Day 3-7 you will also have an extended visit to Bandhavgarh National Park, renowned for the highest density of tigers in the region as well as sloth bears, deer, leopards, jackals and a wide variety of bird species. You will also visit Khajuraho, a UNESCO world heritage site with the nation’s largest array of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, decorated with intricately detailed erotic sculptures and reliefs.
There are a maximum of 15 participant spaces available for this 16 Days/15 Nights private tour so reserve your space today! Contact [email protected] to book your reservation.
Tigers & Textiles of Central India with Judy Gula will include: total of 15 Nights’ accommodations, domestic flight, meal plan as described, entry to the monuments as mentioned in the Itinerary, transfers and excursions using AC Coach as per the Itinerary, services of an English-speaking accompanying and/or local guide, rickshaw ride at Old Delhi, shared jeep safaris at Bandhavgarh National Park, train journey experience between Khajuraho – Lalitpur, assistance on arrival and departure transfers, governement service tax and more! Contact [email protected] with questions. Download the Tigers & Textile Tour costs & inclusions and additional information packet »
Our full time Guide will meet participants at the airport to escort us throughout, arranging the logistics of our trip, including meals, hotel reservations, sites and activities, as well as providing us with information about the local region.
Local guides for Bespoke India Travel are natives of the regions they cover and have been rigorously selected for standards of client servicing, local knowledge, and passion for sharing their knowledge about local culture.
Bespoke India Travel
0044 203 617 1133
Email: [email protected]