Thumbnail Filmstrip of February 25: Stack and Whack with Dudley Shugart Images
DescriptionStack and Whack with Dudley Shugart
Saturday, February 25, 2023
10:30 am – 4:30 pm, ½ hour lunch break
Interested in making a quilt with a kaleidoscope design? Learn how to make stars that swirl. Join us and learn the layering and cutting method to make fantastic kaleidoscope quilts. One fabric can give you so many different looks! Please bring the following with you to class:
• Stars A La Carte by Bethany Reynolds (you may have a hard time finding this older book — Dudley will have a few copies)
• Rulers: 24 in. x 6 in. ruler and 45 degree angle (e.g. Creative Grids Spider Web ruler
• rotary cutter, cutting mat, sewing machine in good working order that you are comfortable using (remember your foot and power cord!)
• basic sewing supplies notions.
• Fabrics: Desired focal fabric, enough to have eight (8) pattern repeats. (Once you find a print you like, measure the repeat of the print: e.g. if the repeat of the material is 18 in., you will need 4 yards for class, a 12 in. repeat would mean you need 2.75 yards, etc.) You also need one (1) yard each of two different materials for the background of your stars. These fabrics are to highlight the printed material with the repeats, and can be the same color or contrasting.
Questions about this class or supply list? Email Dudley.
About the Instructor: Dudley Shugart, a member of the Burke chapter of Quilter’s Unlimited, has been quilting for decades as well as having years of experience working at quilt shops, including Artistic Artifacts! Dudley also periodically hosts mini quilting demonstrations and make and takes showing specific techniques in our shop, and creates many of the beautiful sample quilts you see on display!