Thumbnail Filmstrip of September 3: Slightly Biased Arboreal Tree Quilt with Jennifer Worthen Images
DescriptionSlightly Biased Arboreal Tree Quilt with Jennifer Worthen
Saturday, September 3, 2022
10:30 am - 4:30 pm, ½ hour lunch break
Make an Arboreal Quilt, learning from the pattern designer herself, Jennifer Worthen of Slightly Biased Quilts! This fun take on tree blocks is perfect for seasonal fabrics, but the slightly wonky and unique trees can be designed to highlight spring, summer or fall if you choose!
Student Supply List:
- sewing machine (in good working order with all necessary accessories — don’t forget the power cord!)
- Arboreal Quilt pattern
- Tree prints: 19 Fat Quarters, or 3 Fat Quarters + 31 Fat Eighths, or large scraps! This amount gives some variety in the trees.
- Trunk print: ¼ yard
- Background: 3½ yards (note from Jennifer: "the background [should] either be solid or a non-directional print — to save fabric, we flip some pieces upside down").
- Notions: thread, fabric marking pen, scissors
- Rotary cutter with mat, plus a 24 in. ruler
About the Instructor: Jennifer Worthen has a Ph.D. in Computational Science, Engineering, and Mathematics. She loves quilt math and through her company Slightly Biased Quilts has entered the world of making quilt patterns. Visit her site and blog at www.slightlybiasedquilts.com