Gwen Lafleur is a lifelong artist, crafter, designer, and world traveler from Herndon, Virginia who has found her true home as a mixed media artist.
Artistic Artifacts is fortunate to be able to host Gwen to teach classes, and is proud to carry her beautiful line of rubber stamps with PaperArtsy and Boho Blends Embossing Powders and Boho Bits embellishments with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. Visit Gwen’s website »
After the global pandemic struck and in-person classes had to be cancelled, we were delighted at how Gwen stepped up to support independent craft stores like us, creating accessible social distancing-friendly live mixed media classes offered via private Facebook group. In 2020 we hosted POCKETbook in May, Flip Art Folio in November, and Ornaments and Amulets in December.
Make a Statement with Gwen Lafleur
We are now looking forward to another hybrid Live / Online workshop, Make a Statement on April 24, 2021 — register now for this exciting new class!
Visit Gwen’s website for complete details on this class including lots of example photographs! The Making a Statement
Student Supply List is available on her website and can be downloaded as a PDF to print — links to many of the supplies for this new class can be found below!
Artistic Artifacts carries a wide variety of products that Gwen uses in her art and in her classes:
Paper, Fabric, & Substrates
- Chipboard or cardboard
- Fabric and/or patterned paper — (or you can stamp or stencil your own fabric or paper)
- A few sheets of rice paper, mulberry paper, or deli paper
- Embellished trims, patches / appliques, or embroidered or embellished fabric pieces
Inks, Paints, Pens, etc.
- Ribbon, Sari Yarn, fibers, etc...
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery and other decorative threads — Artistic Artifacts stocks both WonderFil Specialty Threads and Tentakulum (handpainted fibers from Germany)
- Charms, bits of broken jewelry, buttons, keys, metal findings, jewels / rhinestones, Boho Bits, etc.
- Twigs, dried berries or flowers, feathers, or other natural elements
Tools & Supplies