Important message regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 global crisis: Artistic Artifacts thanks our loyal customers for their support during these very trying times. Most of our in-store classes and events and travel events have been cancelled.
We hope that you will be able to join Artistic Artifacts/Batik Tambal at events in 2022! Learn more about bringing Artistic Artifacts creator Judy Gula to your location to teach or lecture.
Visit the Artistic Artifacts calendar current information. Please also see the following —
- Artistic Artifacts began our weekly Facebook Live series of videos in response to the pandemic and the response has been so strong that we will continue to do so! These are “live” each Saturday morning at 9:30 am Eastern on our Facebook page and the archived videos are posted on our YouTube channel.
- We also film additional product and technique demonstrations, store reveals and more, so check our YouTube channel frequently!
- Live locally? Visit our Meetup page for in-store events and activities
Art & Soul Retreats
If you love to take mixed-media art classes, but aren’t convenient to our location in Alexandria, VA, consider attending an Art & Soul retreat. Artistic Artifacts has been proud to be a sponsor of this event in the past and hopes to see them on the East Coast again soon. For more information on this wonderful art retreat and to register, visit the Art & Soul website and select your desired venue.
Visit the Art & Soul Facebook page for beautiful photographs, profiles of Art & Soul instructors, registration/discount news, and much more. Held since 1999, these retreats are designed to stimulate your creative energy and give you an opportunity to explore new and exciting artistic ideas. No matter what your level of artistic experience, Art & Soul’s talented instructors will take you under their wing and make your creative spirit soar!
Virtually all workshops will require you to bring additional specified supplies (e.g., paint, gel medium) and basic art tools (e.g., scissors, brushes, etc. — see below for a basic list) to class. The following is a list of recommended “basic” supplies for any Art & Soul workshop; while you may not use all of them, you are prepared for many circumstances.
- note book and pen; pencil and eraser, pencil sharpener
- 12 in. metal ruler
- Xacto knife and extra blades
- cutting mat
- bone folder
- extension cord/power strip
- glue stick
- paint brushes
- awl or needle tool
- small pliers
- basic ink pads
- needle and thread
- tape: regular and double-stick
- portable table lamp
- hand wipes
- paper towels