Updated May 24, 2018
Note that you can choose to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the settings of all, or some, cookies. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser, or use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies, see more below), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and/or order products from us.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser, such as “remember me” functionality. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Our website uses the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary or Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make payments. These technologies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Performance cookies, web beacons and similar technologies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our content is by providing anonymous statistics and data regarding how our website is used. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and social media sites more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (IT Governance USA Inc.) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID — this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit.
- Page Number — this cookie identifies the page you are on.
- Session ID — this cookie identifies your website session.
- Test — this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies.
- Order — this cookie ensures that your shopping cart works correctly.
- Order — this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
For more in-depth information about what cookies are and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.org.
Third Party cookies
Our website will set several types of third party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. Third party service providers can assist in delivering necessary functionality, which means that our authorized service providers may also place cookies, web beacons and similar technologies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address, or other unique or device identifiers.
The third party cookies that may be set include the following:
- Any Artistic Artifacts newsletter or marketing communication offers you the option to unsubscribe (opt-out, or stop receiving, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that if you unsubscribe or opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or product orders/transactions.
Artistic Artifacts maintains a presence on a number of social media sites that link to and from our website and that generate their own data and cookie collection policies:
4750 Eisenhower Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22304