Add Our Email to Your Safe Senders List
To ensure that you continue to receive information about online orders, class registrations and more from us, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email’s safe senders list, also known as a whitelist — a list of email addresses that you have chosen to receive email from.
If you find email from email@example.com in your spam or junk folder, let your email software know it’s not spam by selecting the not junk (or not spam) button. Doing so will train your program to allow emails from this addresses in the future.
Here are instructions on how to add email addresses to your safe senders list for some of the most popular email programs:
AOL has a Custom Sender List that users can specify. However, to use the Custom Sender List, you must choose to accept mail only from their custom senders, or to reject mail only from their custom senders. So, you need to make sure they are set to receive mail from All Senders:
- Click the Settings link at the top of the page.
- Choose Spam Controls from the options on the left.
- Under Additional Spam Filters, click Control From Whom I Get Email.
- Choose the first option from the popup that appears, Allow mail from all senders.
- Click the green Save button.
Apple Mail for OS X
If email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk mail folder, highlight or open it and click Not Junk at the top of your screen. Then complete the following steps:
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as AA
- Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “email@example.com”
- From the actions, select Move message to mailbox Inbox.
- Click OK
Gmail / Google Mail
If you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the Not Spam button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to Reply
- Click Add Artistic Artifacts to Contacts list
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
- 1. If you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click Not Junk
- 2. Next, check to see if the email address email@example.com is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the Remove button.
- 3. Next, open your mailbox and click Options in the upper right hand corner
- 4. At the top of the page, click on the Junk E-mail Protection link
- 5. Next, click on Safe List, which is down near the bottom
- 6. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says Type an address or domain
- 7. Click the Add button
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Hotmail works similarly to the old Hotmail:
- Click the Options link at right and choose More Options from the dropdown.
- Choose Allowed and Blocked Senders.
- Click Allowed Senders.
- Type the sender’s email address and click Add to List.
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com where it says Add address
- Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
- If you find email from email@example.com in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose Mark as Not Junk
- Next, click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book
- Click on New Card
- In the Contact tab of the new card, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org to the email dialog box
- Click OK
- Next, to whitelist your address book, select Tools > Junk Mail Controls from the drop down menu
- Update the White Lists module under the Settings tab by selecting Personal Address Book from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to Do not mark messages as junk mail
- Click OK
To whitelist email@example.com with Yahoo!, first complete the following steps:
- If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click Not Spam
- Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your Blocked Addresses list.
- If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Addresses list, select it and click Remove Block
You will need to set up a filter to allow email from us. To create the filter:
- Open your mail and click on Mail Options in the upper right hand corner
- Select Filters (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click Add
- Select the From header: rule, and add “contains” and email@example.com. This lets the system know to put future email with firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select Inbox
- Pick the Add Filter button
Visit the Norton by Symantec for assistance in configuring Allowed and Blocked lists in Norton AntiSpam and Norton Internet Security.