New! Memento Luxe Mixed Media Ink Pads
Memento Luxe, created by Tsukineko is a new mixed media pigment dye ink in pad form. Memento Luxe can be used on any porous surface: paper, fabric, wood, leather and more. This highly fade-resistant ink is permanent on fabric when heat set and will remain vibrant on textiles, even after repeated washings. View a quick YouTube introduction to this versatile product.
“New” Vintage Fabrics!
Well, they are new to you! “We have added many of the vintage fabrics that I have in my stash to our online store,” says Judy Gula, owner of Artistic Artifacts. “Vintage fabrics offer the challenge of working with different weights of cottons — for instance, we have some cute dotted Swiss lightweight cotton — I challenge you to incorporate these different textiles into your fiber art! I used some vintage pieces in my Blue Fish quilt, pictured below. Visit my blog for a larger view, as well as details on how I created this quilt...including overcoming a transfer problem.”
“Some of the vintage fabric Im offering to you came from my Grandmothers house. Not a quilt to be found in that house, but she made all her own clothes. They are perfect to repair an old quilt or create a new piece of art as I did.”
Sale: 25% Off Kona Cotton Precuts!
Robert Kaufman 100% Kona® Cotton precuts are on sale for 25% off: one week only and/or while supplies last! Kona Cotton Roll-Ups, available in four color collections, are usable 2½" wide x 44" strips — perfect for binding, sashing, inner borders, strippy quilts, strip piecing, fabric hooking and more. Also on sale are pre-printed faux patchwork designs sold in bundles that consist of six ½ yard pieces (3 yards total fabric). These modern quilt inspired bundles are available in three colorways.
These precuts are perfect for the free Kite Flight Pattern available from the Robert Kaufman fabrics website. Or get additional inspiration by visiting the Kona Cotton Solids Pinterest board!
Mixed Media Metallics Challenge Open to All — Join Us!
Artistic Artifacts is holding a new challenge that will accept art quilts, collages, assemblages, jewelry: whatever medium you choose to work in! Our Mixed Media Metallics Challenge requires that your finished size be 8" x 10" and that you feature metal or metallic finishes in some way, but your imagination is otherwise free to roam. We hope youll participate! In addition, we hope you will consider releasing your artwork to be sold via silent auction to benefit our chosen charity, Food for Others. The deadline for your submissions is November 23. Learn more about this challenge, Food for Others, and download an entry form »
Fill Your Creative Toolbox by Learning New Techniques!
Learn new techniques, experiment with new mediums and go home with a wonderful new piece of art with our wide variety of classes, including new offerings as well as old favorites. For the remainder of September and for October:
- Saturday, September 21: Marbling on Fabric & Paper with Linda Cooper — All supplies provided! Create multiple colors and designs with this addictive marbling technique and leave with a stash of beautiful and usable prints.
- Saturday, September 28: Kinetic Quilts with Linda Cooper — Learn the secrets of making Lindas unique two-sided, mobile-like art quilts (detail pictured here). View her stunning examples in the shop!
- Also on Saturday, September 28: Upcycled Textile Shirt with Leslie Brier — Using simple sewing skills, suitable even for beginners, in this new class you will piece together your own one of a kind altered art to wear!
- Saturday, October 12: Studio Tech Basics: Quilting with the Feed Dogs Down with Cyndi Souder — Learn the basics of free motion machine quilting.
- Also on Saturday, October 12: Collage Charm Necklace, with a Bit of Fabric with Judy Gula — create a one of a kind necklace and learn jewelry making techniques using your own chain, glass beads and charms, supplemented with fabric beads and connectors youll craft in class.
- Tuesday, October 15: Tag Book Bonanza with Diane Herbort — Transform humble shipping tags into beautiful collaged pages to assemble into an artful tag book or add to a journal, handmade cards or collage art.
- Saturday, October 19: Printing with Thermofax Screens with PG Fiber2Art — this popular class covers a variety of thermofax screen printing techniques; youll go home with a huge stash of printed fabric (and paper, if desired).
- Saturday, October 26: From Board Game to Book with Stacy Rausch — All supplies provided! Create a hand-bound notebook or art journal, recycling a game board for covers, using traditional book binding methods and materials.