Save on Petit Pattern Books!
These beautiful books have been mystifying to our in-store customers. At first glance they see beautiful full page, full color designs, then they might come across the Japanese language characters and begin to wonder what they are holding. But the 140 different patterns illustrated in each volume arent just pretty pictures: all patterns are included in both JPG and EPS formats on a CD (PC and Mac compatible), plus there are complete English translations of all instructions and tutorials. What they are holding is an amazing design resource that can be accessed over and over for a wide variety of projects.
These royalty-free clipart designs can be opened — and even better, edited and altered — using Photoshop or Illustrator (or other image editing software). Output your choice of pattern on paper or fabric and use for book covers, blog and website backgrounds, wrapping paper and tags, custom textiles, you name it — the only limit is your imagination. Each book also contains several specific project tutorials, both paper and fabric based.
The pattern collections are available in the following themes, all featuring the fresh, modern graphics that Japanese textiles are known for: Autumn and Winter, Check and Knit, Dots and Stripes, Flowers and Leaves, Japanese Style, Kids & Toys, Spring & Summer and Pop & Modern. (Pictured here are thumbnail views of four of the patterns included the Spring & Summer book.) These books are perfect for surface design enthusiasts, scrapbookers, book artists, those who create and keep art journals, and more. Act now: our prices are a considerable savings from those on Amazon! View all products on sale »
Products for Printing on Fabric & Other Surfaces
Below, apron (top) and fabric coasters (bottom), two fabric projects from the Petit Pattern Book series.
Artistic Artifacts sells several products for printing graphics and photographs onto fabric (as with the Petit Patterns above) including EQ Printables Premium Cotton Lawn Inkjet Fabric for inkjet printers and Lesley Rileys TAP Transfer Artist Paper.
EQ Printables Premium Cotton Lawn Inkjet Fabric are 100% cotton fabric sheets with a 240 thread count — so fine that fabric texture is nearly unnoticeable. Become your own fabric designer as you scan in vintage and new photos, flowers and feathers, love letters, etcc.. The warm white of this luxuriously silky fabric makes colors glow. Youll be amazed at how beautiful your photographs look. Six (6) 8½" x 11" sheets per pack.
Transfer your imagination into art with Lesley Rileys Transfer Artist Paper, Available in 5 sheet packs and 18 sheet packs. Popularly known as TAP, this is a premium-quality transfer paper that allows you to transfer images to virtually any surface — fabric, paper, wood, glass, metal, and more — with the heat of an iron. Simply inkjet print, paint, stamp, or draw images onto TAP and then iron on to your surface. Transferred images are crisp and colorfast; washable and crack-resistant on fabric.
Watch Lesleys demonstration video to learn what you can do with TAP Transfer Artist Paper »
Working on Your Mixed Media Metallics Challenge Entry?
The deadline for submissions for Artistic Artifacts Mixed Media Metallics Challenge is November 23: it will be here before we know it! Unlike most challenges that are restricted to a particular form of art, we are happily accepting whatever you can dream up: art quilts, collages, assemblages, jewelry, etc. What we have seen from the early-birds is amazing, and the talk we are hearing of other plans has us excited for what is to come. There is no entry fee and all submissions will be accepted, so we hope you are planning join us!
Fiber & Mixed Media Classes at Artistic Artifacts
Learn new techniques, experiment with new mediums and, with holiday gift-giving time fast approaching, go home with a wonderful new piece of art a loved one! The following of our wide variety of classes will take place through the end of this year:
- Saturday, November 9: Studio Tech Basics: 6 Edge Finishes with Cyndi Souder — In this technique class youll create a sampler of binding methods to finish art and traditional quilts.
- Tuesday, November 12: Upcycled Textile Shirt with Leslie Brier — Using simple sewing skills, suitable even for beginners, you will piece together your own one of a kind altered art to wear.
- Saturday, November 16: Crazy Quilted Pins & Pendants with Diane Herbort — Start with simple hand piecing and then concentrate on the fun of learning traditional embroidery, beading and embellishment skills with a contemporary twist. Can make a beautiful ornament too!
- Also on Saturday, November 16: Gelli Printing with Susan Gantz — Learn to print on a Gelli Arts™ Gel Printing Plate, a process that offers you spontaneity and creates wonderful painterly effects on both fabric and paper.
- Saturday, November 23: Vintage Tart Tin Ornaments with Leslie Brier — Use ICE Resin® to create heirloom-quality ornaments using vintage tin molds (provided!) and holiday ephemera.
- Also on Saturday, November 23: Upcycled Sweaters: Purse Plus Accessories with Kathy Holmes — newly listed: great beginning sewing class! Create a one of a kind purse, cosmetic bag and key fob in this new upcycling/sewing class.
- Sunday, November 24: Vintage Holiday Postcard Art Quilt with Judy Gula — Create a cheerful art quilt, starring a vintage image transfer, using vintage linens, fabrics, and trims and finish with a one of a kind piece of holiday decor that also makes a beautiful, sentimental gift.
- Saturday, November 30: House of Memories: Recycled-Materials Book with DJ Gaskin — Most supplies provided! Recover from the bustle of Thanksgiving and “Black Friday” with this day of creative play! Build a pocket journal containing a variety of pocket/envelopes to hold small photos, tickets and more. A wonderful handmade gift, or an artful way to journal your holiday memories!
- Not a class, but mark your calendar and plan to join us: Saturday, December 7 is the date for our annual Holiday Open House: enjoy class demonstrations, a make & take project, and festive refreshments!
- Sunday, December 8: Altered Keys with Leslie Brier — All supplies provided! Begin with vintage keys and add metal filigree and embellishments to create a unique pendant or ornament. These upcycled items make wonderful gifts!