Your machine will benefit from simple at-home maintenance in between regular service appointments. BERNINA’s We All Sew Blog recommends the following:
Service your BERNINA at Artistic Artifacts
Artistic Artifacts in Alexandria, VA has BERNINA-trained repair technicians on staff. Please note: At this time we are not accepting BERNINA 820s and 830s for service and repair. We recommend bringing these machines to Material Girls in Waldorf, MD or Quilt Patch in Fairfax, VA.
You will be asked to complete our Service Department check in form. You may download a PDF version here to fill out in advance of bringing in your machine.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for servicing/cleaning. Machines are serviced in order of arrival. An estimate of the length of your wait will be provided after the machine has been examined by our technician.
In addition to your sewing machine, the following items* are required when bringing it in for servicing or cleaning. Missing items may slow down the completion of your service.
- Power cord & Foot control
- Bobbin case with bobbin
- Presser Feet — please include the following feet (if machine appropriate):
- #1D (if machine has dual feed capability)
- #3A/#3C (automatic buttonhole)
- #40C (Sideways-motion foot, for 9 mm machines)
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- General sewing stitch plate (not a straight stitch plate)
If you are bringing in your BERNINA Embroidery** module for servicing, please include:
- Embroidery module, hoop (large oval), embroidery foot (#26), templates
You will be asked to provide a detailed description of the problem requiring repair. Include the type of thread and needle used when problem occurred. If possible, bring in a sewn example that illustrates the issue.
Email us or phone (703) 823-0202 to learn more about having your BERNINA serviced at Artistic Artifacts.
Return to BERNINA home page »
* Do not bring any other accessories or accessory boxes. Artistic Artifacts is not responsible for any additional accessories that you choose to leave while your machine is being serviced.
** Make a backup of your embroider designs on a personal design card or hard drive before bringing your BERNINA in for servicing. Artistic Artifacts is not responsible for any designs you may have saved on your machine.