Service your BERNINA at Artistic Artifacts
Artistic Artifacts in Alexandria, VA has a BERNINA-trained repair technician on staff. Email us or phone (703) 823-0202 ext. 213 to learn more about having your BERNINA serviced at Artistic Artifacts. Please note: At this time we are not accepting BERNINA 820s and 830s for service and repair. We recommend bringing these machines to Material Girls in Waldorf, MD or Quilt Patch in Fairfax, VA.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for servicing/cleaning. You will be provided with an estimate of the length of your wait when the machine has been evaluated by our technician. Currently our technician is on site once a week, and machines are serviced in order of arrival.
In addition to your sewing machine, the following items* are required when bringing it in for servicing or cleaning. Missing items may slow down the completion of your service.
- Power cord & Foot control
- Bobbin case with bobbin
- Presser Feet:
- #1D (if machine has dual feed capability)
- #3A/#3C (automatic buttonhole)
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- General sewing stitch plate (not a straight stitch plate)
If you are bringing in your BERNINA Embroidery** module for servicing, please include:
- Embroidery module, hoop (large oval), embroidery foot (#26), templates
You will be asked to provide a detailed description of the problem requiring repair. Include the type of thread and needle used when problem occurred. If possible, bring in a sewn example that illustrates the issue.
Return to BERNINA home page »
* Do not bring any other accessories or accessory boxes. Artistic Artifacts is not responsible for any additional accessories that you choose to leave while your machine is being serviced.
** Make a backup of your embroider designs on a personal design card or hard drive before bringing your BERNINA in for servicing. Artistic Artifacts is not responsible for any designs you may have saved on your machine.