Return to BERNINA home page »
Artistic Artifacts offers BERNINA Sewing Machine Mastery and BERNINA Embroidery Machine Mastery and BERNINA L 890 Mastery Mastery Classes using Zoom (our Serger Basics class will remain in person, to accomodate the many different brands of sergers allowed in class).
We began conducting live Zoom Mastery classes due to the pandemic, but the response from participants has been so positive we will continue to do so. Benefits include:
- Sessions are open to anyone, no matter where they live! (Our lives sessions are scheduled in the Eastern time zone.) If your local dealer has not been able to offer Mastery classes; you need a refresher after a sewing layoff; you’ve inherited a BERNINA, etc., our classes are the ideal opportunity to learn to use your machine to its fullest potential!
- No need to transport your heavy BERNINA from your sewing space to our shop for an in-person class — stay comfortable in your own home!
If you purchased your BERNINA from us, your Mastery Classes are FREE! Those who did not buy their machine from Artistic Artifacts are welcome to purchase registrations for our Mastery Classes. BERNINA Mastery classes are segmented by series. We’re happy to have BERNINA Ambassador Kathy Lincoln as our instructor! Kathy has years of experience teaching nationally, including at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. Contact us with BERNINA Mastery class questions »
Please note the following:
- When registering students must use or provide a valid email address that is monitored frequently. Class communication and your Zoom link info will come from [email protected] — add this address to your email’s safe list, or otherwise approve it to ensure receiving your emailed information.
- Class times listed are Eastern time zone — it is your responsibility to translate them as necessary for your location.
BERNINA Sewing Machine Mastery Classes
Our Zoom Mastery classes are designed to familiarize you step-by-step with the operation of your machine. This class includes useful information about fabric, needles, thread, presser feet, and all the parts that came with the machine. Included in the class is a workbook from BERNINA.
These Sewing Mastery Class modules are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA sewing machine elsewhere, the cost of the class is $115.
- Saturday, December 4 (am) — BERNINA Series 3 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 3 machine owners.
- Saturday, December 4 (pm) — BERNINA Series 4 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 4 machine owners.
- Sunday, December 5 — BERNINA Series 5 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 5 machine owners.
- Saturday, December 11 (am) — BERNINA Series 7 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 7 machine owners.
BERNINA Embroidery Machine Mastery Classes
The Embroidery Mastery classes are intended to familiarize you with the features of your new BERNINA embroidery module. In addition, you will learn about needles, threads, stabilizers, embroidery hoops and accessories, all of which will increase your knowledge of sewing and assist you in achieving success in all your embroidery endeavors. Once you have completed the exercises designated for your BERNINA machine, the workbook (included with the classes) is a wonderful reference guide to use as you explore the creative possibilities your embroidery machine affords.
These Embroidery Mastery Class modules are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA embroidery machine elsewhere, the cost of the class is $115.
- Saturday, December 11 (pm) — BERNINA Embroidery Mastery for the 590/790 live online Zoom class, open to owners of either the B590 or B790 embroidery machines.
- Sunday, December 12 — BERNINA Embroidery Mastery for the 570/770 — our live online Zoom class, is open to owners of either the B570 or B770 embroidery machines.
Our serger/overlocker classes are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA serger elsewhere or are registering for the Serger Basics class which accepts any model of serger, you are welcome to register as a paid attendee. These are in-person classes: total class size will be limited and masks are required of attendees.