Return to BERNINA home page »
While most Artistic Artifacts in-person classes are currently ON HOLD due to the Coronavirus and COVID-19 global health crisis, we are conduct our BERNINA Mastery Classes using Zoom. We are also working with BERNINA’s virtual class offerings so that we can continue to serve you while we await safe conditions for in-person classes. Contact us with BERNINA Mastery questions »
Artistic Artifacts offers BERNINA Sewing Machine Mastery Classes, BERNINA Embroidery Machine Mastery classes and BERNINA Serger Mastery Classes. Your Mastery Classes are FREE if you purchased your BERNINA from Artistic Artifacts. Those who did not buy their machine from Artistic Artifacts are welcome to purchase registrations for our Mastery Classes. BERNINA Mastery classes are segmented by series and, because they are held via Zoom, are now available to you no matter where you live!
BERNINA Ambassador Kathy Lincoln is our instructor and has years of experience teaching nationally, including at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. If your local dealer has not been able to offer Mastery classes; you need a refresher after a sewing layoff; you’ve inherited a BERNINA, etc., our classes are the ideal opportunity to learn to use your machine to its fullest potential!
Please note the following:
- When registering students must use or provide a valid email address that is monitored frequently. Class communication and your Zoom link info will come from [email protected] — add this address to your email’s safe list, or otherwise approve it to ensure receiving your emailed information.
- Class times listed are Eastern time zone — it is your responsibility to translate them as necessary for your location.
BERNINA Sewing Machine Mastery Classes
Our Zoom Mastery classes are designed to familiarize you step-by-step with the operation of your machine. This class includes useful information about fabric, needles, thread, presser feet, and all the parts that came with the machine. Included in the class is a workbook from BERNINA.
These Sewing Mastery Class modules are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA sewing machine elsewhere, the cost of the class is $115.
- Saturday, January 9 (am) — BERNINA Series 3 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 3 machine owners.
- Saturday, January 9 (pm) — BERNINA Series 4 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 4 machine owners.
- Sunday, January 10 — BERNINA Series 5 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 5 machine owners.
- Saturday, January 16 (am) — BERNINA Series 7 Sewing Machine Mastery live online Zoom class, open to all Series 7 machine owners.
BERNINA Embroidery Machine Mastery Classes
The Embroidery Mastery classes are intended to familiarize you with the features of your new BERNINA embroidery module. In addition, you will learn about needles, threads, stabilizers, embroidery hoops and accessories, all of which will increase your knowledge of sewing and assist you in achieving success in all your embroidery endeavors. Once you have completed the exercises designated for your BERNINA machine, the workbook (included with the classes) is a wonderful reference guide to use as you explore the creative possibilities your embroidery machine affords.
These Embroidery Mastery Class modules are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA embroidery machine elsewhere, the cost of the class is $115.
- Saturday, January 16 (pm) — BERNINA Embroidery Mastery for the 590/790 live online Zoom class, open to owners of either the B590 or B790 embroidery machines.
- Sunday, January 17 — BERNINA Embroidery Mastery for the 570/770 — our live online Zoom class, is open to owners of either the B570 or B770 embroidery machines.
Our serger/overlocker classes are free to those who bought their machine from Artistic Artifacts. If you bought your BERNINA serger elsewhere or are registering for the Serger Basics class which accepts any model of serger, you are welcome to register as a paid attendee.
- Saturday, January 23 — Serger Basics: Gain the information and confidence you need to use your serger to its fullest extent. This class is open to owners of ANY model/brand of serger — your serger does not have to be a BERNINA — but your machine must be in good working order.
- Saturday, February 6 — L8 Series Overlocker Mastery: BERNINA’s latest L 890 and L 850 machines are full of innovative features! This Mastery class will give you the confidence and expertise to get the most out of your new overlocker.
Return to BERNINA home page »