Open: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Extended Evening Hours on Thursdays, to 8:00 pm
Artistic Artifacts is the source for the latest “Creative Finds for Creative Minds.” No matter your medium, you’ll find products and techniques to use in sewing, and a full range of fiber arts and mixed media. We are an authorized BERNINA USA dealer and also the location of the only WonderFil™ Threaducation Center on the East Coast. We are known for:
- A wide selection of fabrics including our own Batik Tambal Exclusive Batiks, a large selection of M&S Textiles Australian Aboriginal Design fabrics, Modern Cottons, African designs, and so much more
- Wooden printing blocks, hand carved in India, for fabric and paper designs
- Our own line of Artistic Artifacts Fluid Textile Paint for fiber and mixed media work as well as other paints, mediums and tools.
- Tjaps — both traditional and new designs of the handmade copper tools used by batik artists
- Painter’s Threads by Tentakulum, handpainted and space dyed textile materials created from silk, cotton, wool, rayon and metallics.
In addition, we offer a large range of mixed media supplies; vintage fabric, trims and ephemera and a wide variety of classes and meet ups, including monthly JAMs (Judy’s Altered Minds) & How Do I ... demos.
More About Us
Our shop is located 4750 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA and is open Tuesdays through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with extended evening hours on Thursdays, until 8:00 pm. Learn more about visiting Artistic Artifacts including complete directions, nearby accommodations and more.
Keep up to date on our current activities by subscribing to our weekly e-newsletter and following Judy’s Blog. View our calendar for up to date information and our events page to learn more about the national quilt shows and art events, including information about Art & Soul creative retreats, that Artistic Artistic travels to.
A Look at Artistic Artifacts
We welcomed Great Day Washington, a local morning television program, to the shop on Monday, January 30, 2017. Pay a “virtual” visit to Artistic Artifacts as you watch video of the four different demonstration segments — surface design (block, mono- and Thermofax printing), paper piecing quilt blocks, mixed media and upcycling techniques, and hand-stitching batik panels — that were produced live that morning by host Meaghan Mooney. Visit the Artistic Artifacts blog to view and learn more »